Thursday, 22 November 2012

Time for a good old mince pie

Well, 2012 is almost over! My mincemeat has aged and it's time for mince pies (my recipe in French).

Since I discovered this pie 3 years back, I tweaked the recipe by adding more orange zest and lemon peels to the mincemeat, I added orange zest and almond powder to the dough which I roll in fine semoulina or polenta..

Mini-mincepies

Everybody who tried it love it, so do I. I hope you will also give it a try. Like anything else, it's better homemade.

You can cover the pie the way you want, especially if you have cookie cutters..
This is this year's bake.


That one with oozing caramelized goodness has my name on it!

A closer look

I just had a bite.
 And since there are mincepies, the Christmas cake is not far as you may have guessed. I just covered it with marzipan and the icing will follow shortly...



4 comments:

  1. Hi Nashreen, Thanks for stopping by...That bite I had tasted so good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priya, they were finished the next day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! So please do not hesitate to write a few words..

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...